Saturday, October 13, 2012

Oopstada Hikaru takes a fall

Utada Hikaru has revealed that she has been hospitalized for 9 days after tearing the ligaments in her foot while on a hike.

The singer was taking part in the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage on September 26th when her foot became injured. Instead of stopping though, she kept on hiking for 3 days with the injury in order to finish the pilgrimage.

"Though I was troubled, I felt like I had to continue to pilgrimage...I do not regret it," she stated.

After completing the pilgrimage, the singer went to the hospital where she stay for 9 days to receive treatment. The muscle in the injured ankle was torn and the ligaments were damaged.

Despite the injuries, the singer has assured fans over twitter that she is fine.

(source: jpopasia)

Talk about an oopsie whoopsie! I'm so glad to hear that she's fine, and if I were her back there I would've headed by ass back home even at the tiniest slip. It's admirable for her to Keep Tryin'! Why am I so lame today (That's a double!)? Tips to those who want to make it in J-Pop: become successful, go on a hiatus then go take a hike. With a reason like "wanting to live like a normal person" going for a hike seems pretty weird, but we all know Hikki really is a bit out of her mind. 

Jokes aside I hope she rests well and maybe this troubling time could help her in her songwriting if you know what I mean. What? I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants her to save J-Pop from fading into oblivion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...